Thursday, October 9, 2014

An Exciting Update

After going weeks without receiving any encouraging updates, just days after posting our update on here we received word that Chase is receiving a new assignment rather than being deployed.  We are thrilled with his new assignment!  Not only is it in a beautiful location, Hurlburt Field, FL, which is near Destin, FL, but it is Chase's ideal job.  Over the past two years Chase has discovered that he doesn't love all the prep work that comes with litigating.  He loves being in the court room, but not everything that leads up to it.  But he still has a passion for international law.  His new assignment will be working at an AFSOC base (this means the base works with the special operations of the Air Force...very cool) in a new position they just created for a captain working on none other than international law.  Amazing!  His report-no-later-than date is January 31st, but we think we'll be able to get it pushed up.

We've decided to keep me where I am here in Kansas City until the move for the ease of the girls.  Mila is loving preschool and her cousins, and I feel like I need to be here right now.  My sister in law recently underwent a hysterectomy at the age of 33, and although it went well, the recovery is slow.  Plus, by the second Sunday of being here I was called to teach the Mia Maids class at church (girls ages 14-15), and I really feel there are girls I need to reach before I leave.  Side note: I have decided that being a Young Women's advisor is my ideal calling. Seriously, sign me up every time!  I am loving it.

I want to thank all those who kept us in their prayers.  I know the Lord has a plan for each of us and our families.  I am really grateful for the trial we faced because it stretched me and really required me to walk in faith.  But when we take those steps in the dark, and when we really include the Lord in our decisions, he opens paths that are better than we could have hoped.  Sometimes it just takes waiting upon His timing.  And I know everything happens for a reason.  I don't believe we would have received this assignment if Chase had deployed.  But could he have received this assignment if a deployment had never even been in the picture?  I don't know.  Because we thought he was deploying we moved our family.  And because we are now apart I believe the office that hands out assignments wanted to make up for a crummy situation by giving this assignment to Chase.  See, usually in the military you get a coveted assignment/base and then a not so desirable one.  Andrews is considered a more desirable assignment, so we figured we wouldn't be living anywhere really desirable next.  But seeing that Chase was a perfect candidate for this position and that our family is apart right now, they gave this assignment to Chase.  So I believe all the ups and downs that we've faced this past month was necessary in order for everything to align for this new assignment.  Will Chase still deploy down the road?  Most likely.  Lots of deployments come from Hurlburt Field apparently because it is an AFSOC base, but the deployments are "a lot cooler" says Chase, so he's excited for the opportunities that might come his way.  I will cross that bridge when we get there ;).  I figure the beautiful beaches of Florida will hopefully ease my sorrows when he does have to deploy.  Right now I am just focusing on my immense gratitude to the Lord that our prayers were answered and that our family will soon reunite on the warm beaches of Florida.  Come visit us!  We'd love the company :).

3 comments:

Holly said...

Yay yay yay!!! So, so happy for you guys!!! The job sounds amazing (and let's be honest, FL sounds pretty amazing too)--I'm so glad it all worked out. What a blessing that you were able to receiving an answer, along with the understanding of why things probably happened the way they did. So grateful for the Lord's hand in our lives. Thanks for the more detailed update & explanation! I would LOVE to somehow find a way to come visit!! ;)

Kendra said...

That is so wonderful! I'm so glad that everything worked out so well for you, and as it should. Your faith is amazing. Love you so much and excited for your new adventures. PS I am sure you're an incredible yw leader!

Rainingtruth said...

Is there a way to follow your site