Tuesday, July 9, 2013

What we've been up to


So it's been awhile.  One of my big projects that I've been trying to complete before the little one arrives is finishing up our Apple yearbooks.  So time that I would have spent updating this blog was instead used towards completing 7 different Apple books.  Now we just have to bite the bullet and pay for the printing of each of the books.  Yikes!

Anyway, here's a brief recap of life...in May we celebrated Chase's birthday and Mila's 2nd birthday!  She visited a local farm with the neighborhood kiddos and then we had a BBQ that night with a few close friends from church.  
We also enjoyed Memorial Day by venturing downtown and touring one of the three buildings of National Archives and walking around the capital. 
My brother Chip came down from NYC the beginning of June to celebrate my birthday.  We spent the day eating, paddle boating by the Jefferson, visiting the Botanical gardens, and swimming...a perfect day!
We also were visited in June by Chase's sisters, Dayna and Karlee, and our nephews, Gabe and Will.  Despite the "tropical storm" weather, we made it out to see some of the sights.
Trying to get a shot of three kiddos on a metro = difficult.
Just after his sisters left, Chase underwent eye surgery (PRK).  Although a long recovery, Chase is excited to be glasses-free and to finally sport sunglasses.
Then just this past week, my father came into town for the 150th anniversary of the battle of Gettysburg.  We headed up to see the grounds and watch a reenactment of day 2 of the battle.  It was fun to have my dad share his wealth of knowledge with me.  He kept me busy and moving the week he was here, which was nice.  We visited Arlington cemetery (no pictures since it was raining the whole time), the USAF memorial, the National Museum of American History, and the DC temple.
So it's been a summer of visits from family...that and living at the pool.  Mila and I frequent the pool here.  Thank goodness for maternity swimsuits.
I'd post a picture from our maternity/family photo shoot that we did a few weekends ago, but I don't have a CD yet of the pics.  So just imagine a large and in charge belly protruding from me.  I had my last doctor's appointment last Wednesday and the doctor reported that my body is progressing like it did with Mila (dilated to a 2 and almost completely effaced).  So, we are set to induce on Sunday, July 14th, if she doesn't come earlier.  Sunday is my 39 week mark.  We are opting to induce since I'm a bit nervous of a baby coming out of me before making it to the hospital, which is 45 minutes away, after experiencing Mila's grand entrance; since my body responds well to being induced and I can enjoy a nice epidural; and since Chase has to leave for a 2-week training on the 16th.  Yep, poor Chase will witness the birth of his daughter and then have to leave the next day for 2 weeks...but duty calls.  Luckily my mom flies in on Saturday to stay with us while Chase is away.

As for how I'm feeling, I'm feeling Braxton Hicks like crazy and definitely feeling the weight of a low baby in my pelvis, so I'm ready for this chica to arrive, but at least not till after tomorrow.  Tomorrow I have a memorial service to sing at and a dinner to make for a new couple we're having over, so I gots things to do.  Well, stay tuned!

3 comments:

C and K said...

SOOOOOOO EXCITING!!!!!!!! if she is born on Sunday her a baby B will be exactly 6 months apart! :) we can start planning the arranged married :() Hang in there and we are thinking of your sweet family! Cant believe Chase is going to be gone for two weeks!!!!

Holly said...

Love the update. You look fabulous! Still can't believe you're about to have another baby!!! We miss you guys. We'll have to find a way to get together sometime! :)

Lydia said...

I can't believe you are so close! And still doing so much. Not to mention you look awesome! It makes me realize I don't have that much longer either! (And yes, so grateful for maternity swimsuits!)
Good Luck! We love you!