Monday, June 25, 2012

I won't give up

So as I stated earlier today, today marks 4 years of marriage for me and Chase.  Currently Chase and I have been apart for 4 whole weeks.  We've been separated from one another longer before (one summer he was gone for 6 weeks doing an externship in Ukraine), so you'd think I'd be use to this.  And so far I've been doing pretty well; I've been keeping myself busy.  But yesterday was hard.  

Sundays are always a bit harder when you have a kid because church always seems to mess up their schedule regardless of what time it starts at.  That's what happens when church is 3 hours long.  Don't get me wrong though, I love going to church.  I love contributing to discussions and feeling uplifted, but that's the thing.  Now that Mila walks she is demanding independence.  So, I'm lucky if I get to sit and actually listen during church.  I also have a new calling that is resulting in me having to hand Mila off to my parents during the different hours, and since everything in Mila's world has been rocked the past two months (moving and losing her daddy) she is very clingy to me, her one constant.  Needless to say, she's a mess during these handoffs.  Because of all this by the time church is over, I'm exhausted.  I have such a greater appreciation for single parents.  I don't know how they do it day in and day out.  

So, yesterday I felt the weight of being alone.  I know I am blessed right now to be with my parents, and they are a huge help.  But, I sure miss my best friend.  And I miss my close friends in Utah.  

So, fast forward to today.  I was feeling better--sleep will do that for a person.  I was driving and the new Jason Mraz song, "I Won't Give Up", came on the radio.  I love this song and today it hit close to home for me.  To bring a smile on my face today I decided to celebrate my anniversary by making this little slideshow to this song to surprise Chase.  So here you go babe!  Some of my favorite moments from almost the past 5 years.  Hope you get a chance to view it today.  Regardless of the distance I'm looking up and appreciating you more and more each day.  And I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.  Loves!

"I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up"

video

6 comments:

Kendra said...

Aw! That was so wonderful. I'm obviously pregnant, because it almost made me cry. ;) I bet it's been really hard to be away from him. Even with your family around, it's not easy. I'm happy you get to see each other soon, and hope the next separation doesn't feel as long. We sure miss all of you...a LOT. I'm excited to see you in August!

cameron and chelsea said...

You're doing so well Christy! I admire you. Love is a beautiful thing isn't it? And being married to your best friend and your other half is beyond beautiful. You're almost there! We love you!!

Diana said...

This was so cute! Happy anniversary to both of you. Hang in there! :-)

Leanne said...

Oh Christy I feel for you!! Gosh, it kind of felt like deja vu reading through your post. We celebrated our anniversary while Garrett was gone. So weird being apart on such a special day. And SUNDAYS! I was scared to death every sunday. I would leave church a sweaty mess. I thought 6 weeks was hard, I can't imagine how long you have to be apart. You are so strong and I know you can do it, but it is also perfectly fine to have a break down every so often. Its weird how you can just put yourself in 'survival mode' and push through things like this. But let me tell you, your reunion with Chase is going to be awesome. You will be even more in love and appreciate each other so much more. I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to (or complain to :) Love you!

Holly said...

Curt & I are in love with that song right now. So perfect. Looking at all those pictures made me miss you guys so much!!! What a fun journey you've been on so far. I'm so sorry you have to be apart so long--I can only imagine how hard it is! Hang in there! We miss you guys & will keep you in our prayers! (P.S. Curt is going to be in and out of town the next few weeks...I wish you and I could somehow meet up somewhere!)

Megs said...

Thank you for sharing! You made me tear up and everything. ;) Happy anniversary!!!!