Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Birthday Boy

This week is quite a busy week of celebrations in the Gunnell home.  It seems like this year everyone has their own special day this week.  After the sweet tribute to me that Chase sneakily posted, I thought I'd jump on the computer while he's out running and let the blogging world all know that today Chase turns 27.  And here's 27 things I love about Chase!


1. He is definitely a family man.  He chose the AF so he could be with us as a family, and in law school he showed us that he will work hard to quickly accomplish his work so he can be home with his girls.
2. His hair.  He just buzzed it in preparation for the Air Force and I'm actually really liking the look on him (I'll post a picture sometime soon so you all can see).
3. He's a planner.  If it weren't for his ability to plan ahead we would not have our job lined up for the end of this month.  It took A LOT of planning and effort to pull it off.
4. He likes to go grocery shopping (not always my favorite thing to do so I love it when he'll do it for me or comes with me).
5. He's always on the go, so he gets a lot of things accomplished during his days.
6. He's smart.
7. He's a good cook and helpful in the kitchen.
8. He's a great support to family members.
9. He looks for the good in people and situations.
10. He helps me in looking for the good in others and situations.
11. He doesn't snore usually.  I include this because recently he's been sick and the medicine he's been taking has made him snore.
12. He likes to drive so I don't have to.
13. He likes sweets so I don't feel like a piggy pig when I want to eat sweets every night.
14. He's good at writing poetry.
15. He tries to take care of his body and be healthy.
16. He'll run slower with me so we can run together.
17. He's a great listener because he validates individuals when they are talking to him.
18. He goes in and picks up Mila in the mornings when I'm really tired and have a hard time popping right out of bed.
19. He's a great father.  Mila is going to go through withdrawals when he leaves us this summer.
20. He's good with finances (an area I lack in).
21. He likes going shopping and has good fashion sense.
22. He's clean and tidy in comparison to most boys.
23. He likes playing tennis with me even though I am not much competition for him.
24. He lets me pick chick flick after chick flick to watch when it's my turn to pick a movie.
25. He puts up with me on a daily basis.
26. He's taller than me.
27. He compliments me daily and often makes me feel like a million bucks.

So there ya have it.  My list for the 27 year old.  Wish him a happy birthday.  But if you see him in person, don't sing to him...he doesn't like being the center of attention.  Silly Chasers!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Such a fun post--good job Christy! Happy Birthday Chase!!! Wish we were there or you were here so we could celebrate with you!!! (And I'm anxious to see the buzz haircut) :)

Kendra said...

What a great list of attributes. Happy birthday, Chase! I hope you guys have a great day. And yes, let's see this buzz cut! :)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday, Chase! And he looks mighty dashing with that buzz cut (saw the pic on fb)

cindy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.