Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Law School...done!

Another chapter is closed in the Gunnell household.  Chase graduated from BYU's Law School last week.  I couldn't have been more proud!  I definitely had some emotional moments during the graduation ceremonies, but still I don't think it has really sunk in that after 10 years, my association with BYU has come to a close.  We sure have loved our time here in Provo.

My talented friend Holly was so kind to help me out once again by designing Chase's graduation announcement (see more of her work here).  We were super pleased with how both the pictures (taken by Chase's dad while we were in Vegas) and the announcement itself turned out.For Christmas we surprised Chase's parents with a planned Gunnell family reunion and family photo shoot.  It just so happened that the reunion week was the week of graduation.  I know Chase appreciated having all the family there to celebrate.  It also helped to have all the sibs in town so we could yell loud enough for Chase to hear us at graduation (don't worry we waited until everyone's had received their diploma just like we were asked to).  Enough talk...here are pictures from the festivities.
Commencement Day
My grandparents took a similar picture with my mother on their lap when my grandfather was graduating.  I tried to recreate it.
Showing off the hood!
Some of the law students with Dean Rasband on their way to the Commencement ceremony.
After Commencement
Graduation Day
Chase's partners in crime...they found themselves in a study groups together since their 1L year.  We're gonna miss Jarom and Lacey!
Ran into Curtis Philipp on the way in to graduation.  Had to snap a pic of the two bishopric counselors together.
Being hooded.
Receiving the diploma.


 Being goofy!  So glad the sibs were all there to help live it up for graduation!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hooray for Chase! Love all the pictures. (And btw, I love your hair!) Thanks for the nice shout-out...you're too kind. :) We're sure going to miss you guys!!!

Leanne said...

YAY!!! Oh what an exciting day. Gosh, graduation seriously can't come fast enough. Big congrats to chase for all his hard work! And you guys will love DC!!

Megs said...

So many congratulations!!! :) How exciting and wonderful; great timing too, with everyone in town. Love you guys!

Candice Warby said...

Congratulations!! I know what you mean about being sad to leave Provo. I hope we will be able to go back someday. But yay for Chase and the next step in life!