Saturday, February 18, 2012

Other Updates

I figured I should update everyone on Chase and me since I took the time to update on Mila. I'll do this bullet style though...so here goes.

CHASE
**In February he drove to Salt Lake for a physical examination for the Air Force called MEPS. After weeks of dieting and being more self aware of his health, he passed. How did we celebrate? We ate a Marie Calendar's pecan pie. Nice. The next step in the Air Force process is contacting HR once he has passed the BAR. That's when they will hopefully give us our two choices of location for his first assignment.
**His International Moot Court team went to compete in Denver where they made it to the quarter finals. This is the furthest BYU had made it in the competition in a really, really long time. They also received an award for their brief (they placed 2nd out of all the teams). I was very proud of Chase because he was the coach for the team and worked really hard at preparing the team for this competition so they could show well in order to receive more support from the law school. Because of their efforts this year it looks like they will have faculty support next year.
**Since the beginning of this year Chase has been taking the Kaplan prep course for the BAR. His hours of studying will finally end come February 28 & 29 when he takes the BAR in Wisconsin. If you'd like to offer up a few prayers on those days we'd greatly appreciate it.

CHRISTY
**Not too much to report. I put together a play group of girls who are around Mila's age, so once a week we get together and let the girls stare at each other and share toys.
**I've had a chance to substitute recently, so it's been nice to get into the classroom again.
**I was invited back to teach at Education Week, so I already have plans of coming back to Utah to visit and play in August. They wanted me to teach both a youth series and an adult series, but I told them I'm not sure if I feel knowledgeable enough in an area to be considered to teach adults.
**I am "training" (I need to be more diligent) to do a Triathlon in April. Chase and I are hopefully going to run another 5k in April as well, but this time I'm going to push Mila in the stroller.

And that's the 411.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey - Chase and I might be in Wisconsin at the same time! I got a job down here and the company's main headquarters is in Madison. They said they want to fly me out for training, but I don't know when exactly I'll be out there

Iverson Family said...

I am seriously counting down the days until the Bar is done and over. I haven't seen wade in months :) Congrats on the moot court success! So glad both guys passes MEPS and are on their way to AL! We are still hoping for a MAy 29th spot!

Holly said...

Congrats to Chase on passing the physical examination!!! And good for you for training for a triathlon! We'll definitely keep Chase in our prayers for the BAR!!!