Thursday, November 24, 2011

My Gratitude List

I feel I should take a moment and write down some of the things I'm grateful for this year. We took the chance for Family Home Evening one night to make hand turkeys listing our top four things to be grateful for. I included on my turkey:
1. Mila and her smiles--her presence in our home has given our lives so much more meaning. And her smiles have brightened my days tremendously.
2. Chase and his constant positivity--I'm grateful to be married to an individual who makes up where I lack. Plus, I'm so grateful for how helpful Chase is around the house. I really lucked out with a husband who often asks how he can help me out in the kitchen or around the house.
3. The gospel and the happiness it brings me--I really find my greatest happiness from living the principles of the gospel. Plus, the gospel offers me eternal happiness with my family and for that I will be eternally grateful.
4. Sweets (come on, you'd be lying if that wasn't in your top ten!)

to continue on...
5. My family--although we are spread across the nation I sure do love and miss them like crazy! I can't wait to see some of my family next week as I fly home to Texas.
6. My in-laws--I really lucked out and have married into an amazing family. Chase's parents are always so thoughtful, and I cherish the friendships I've made with Chase's siblings and sibling in-laws.
7. Extended family--I am grateful that I married into a family that stays so close with their extended family, but I am also grateful for my extended family. They have been supportive in many different ways to Chase and I over the past few years.
8. A healthy body--I lucked out again that I have been able to bounce back pretty smoothly from pregnancy. I sure do enjoy having my body back to "normal" and being able to go running again.
9. Friends, old and new--I find it such a blessing to be able to surround yourself with individuals who make you feel like a million bucks and push you to be better. I am grateful for the many friends in my life who do just that.
10. Our home--I love our home. Now, while we are in the midst of trying to sell, more than ever I realize how blessed we have been to live in such a great condo in such a great location. Because of our condo's location we have met some of our closest couple friends.

That's my 2011 list. This year Chase and I actually wrote something we were grateful for each day and put it a "Thankful Tub"--a tradition we hope to continue from this point forward. I hope I can continue to find something new each day to be grateful for--living with an attitude of gratitude. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

No comments: