Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Baby Steps

Don't be fooled by the title. Our little Mila is not walking. Ha, she's not even really scooting yet (well not on her tummy at least...she does scoot on her back). No, this post is entitled "Baby Steps" because as of last night I officially took my first baby step towards getting back into shape. Before delivering Mila, I had this grandiose idea that upon returning to Provo I would compete in the sprint triathlon that is held every August at the Scera pool. I competed in it 2 years ago and loved it. Well, I soon realized after giving birth that I may have set my sights too high. It's amazing what pregnancy and labor can do to one's body. Plus, they advise you not to even start trying to workout again until after the first 6 weeks. So, to ease myself back in, Chase and I signed up last night for a 5k the law school is hosting at the end of the month. This will be the first race Chase and I will run in together. I'm pretty excited. Especially since we are going to bring Mila along for the ride. We've got to put our Bumbleride to work!

It feels so good to be running again, even though I still will never claim I am a runner (10k is the most I think I'll ever run). I now have plans to do the Telos Timp Tri again in April. That should be plenty of time to get back into shape to run, bike, and swim.

Well, wish us luck as we continue to utilize the workout facilities here. I'm dreading returning to Utah and running outside with the whole altitude difference. It will probably kick my trash! Good thing we'll have two weeks to adjust before the race.

3 comments:

whitney said...

good for you!! we are excited for you guys to head back to provo

Emily Malinka said...

YAH! Good for you Christy, but don't be surprised if you need depends while running now... but it does get better a few more months down the road! HA, just wait though it gets worse after each kid...

Lindsay said...

Hey!!! A friend of mine found your blog and I couldn't resist leaving a comment and saying hi! By the way, Mila is SO CUTE! :) Congratulations!