Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Mila's Blessing Day

Last Sunday, July 3rd, Chase was able to bless Mila in my parents' home. Two of my brothers, my father, and my parents' bishop all stood in the circle with Chase.Although a small, intimate circle, thanks to modern technology Chase's family were all able to listen in via facetime and Skype. I wish I would have taken a picture because it was quite the sight to see. My SIL's were helping out by holding the phones and computer.

The blessing was beautiful. Chase really did an amazing job. Since we were in my parents home I had my niece record it so that I can write it down for Mila to read when she's older. It was amazing to hear some of the things the Lord wanted Mila blessed with. I feel like I know her better after hearing the blessing.

Well, here's pictures from that night.
First us with the woman of the hour
All the cousins that were present. These past two weeks in Dallas have been so fun to see how enamored my nieces and nephews are with Mila.
Then we had to do a little photo session of Mila. I love this picture of me and my SIL getting Mila primped and ready. The look on Mila's face is priceless. It's as though she's saying, "Really Mom? Do we have to do this?"
Yes, we had to do it! I had to get some shots of Mila for two reasons. One, so that I could document her with the blessing blanket that Chase's mom made her. (Isn't it beautiful?) And two, because her dress is from when I was a baby. Sadly, my blessing dress is practically falling apart because it was made out of parachute silk from WWII and so it has deteriorated over the years. But I found this dress in my stash of clothes and found it to be a great substitute!
The photo shoot was a success because I was able to get this great shot! I love it :) It is a great depiction of what the blessing pronounced about Mila--she has a quiet and peaceful disposition.

4 comments:

Mark and Elaina said...

She's beautiful Christy! I'm so happy for you!

Megs said...

You're right, that last picture is priceless - she is so beautiful! Sounds like it was a wonderful day. :)

Holly said...

I love the pictures--that last one is priceless! Such a sweet girl.

Jeff and Kari said...

That last one if definitely my favorite.