Thursday, May 12, 2011

Updating and Reflections

So, here we are just 13 days from our due date. I know I haven't posted a belly shot in awhile...I'll make sure to take one here in the next few days because it has definitely grown.



I'm excited to report that we had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday where I was told I am totally effaced! The doctor estimates that this little girl will come in the next week on her own (heck yeah for shaving a week off!). However, our doctor leaves town near the end of next week so we are meeting with him on Monday to set a day and time for me to be induced. Chase and I have already agreed on the 18th. See, the 15th is Chase's birthday, the 16th is my nephew Jonathan's birthday, and the 17th is my brother Kurt's birthday. We Smiths like to jam pack the birthdays apparently.


It's pretty crazy to think that in less than a week I will officially be a mother. It's been a whirlwind the past two days after finding this information out because this causes my last day of work to be tomorrow. It's surreal to think that after 5 years of teaching, this chapter is coming to a close so suddenly. Cue reflections...


It just so happens that today and tomorrow I am finishing off my seminary career by teaching The Family: A Proclamation to the World, a proclamation our church published back in 1995. Already in preparing my lesson this morning I have had to choke back tears, and I don't think I can blame it entirely on the pregnancy hormones. I felt like I needed to take a moment and write my testimony and my thoughts this morning so that I won't forget these feelings.

This life and the Plan of our Father in Heaven is centered on the family. Sister Julie B. Beck did a beautiful job explaining this here. I am so grateful for the Plan and for the opportunity I have to be a family with Chase and to fulfill my divine destiny here on earth to be a mother. I know having the opportunity to become a mother is a privilege that many are earnestly, righteously seeking after. I feel very blessed that the Lord is allowing me this privilege. My heart is also full this morning because I know how hard the adversary is attacking families, and I wish I could just protect my students, my family, and my daughter from these attacks.


My family faced a heavy blow from the adversary just over 4 years ago, back when I first taught this lesson in the seminary classroom. I remember what a wreck I was trying to teach this lesson. Although the trial we face is a difficult one, it has made my testimony all the stronger. I hope my students will sense and feel that today.


I hope my family knows how much I love them.


I hope Chase knows how excited I am to officially start our family.


I hope each of us realizes the love our Father in Heaven has for us and how blessed we are to experience glimpses of His love by being in families here on earth. How grateful I am for the Great Plan of Happiness!

7 comments:

C and K said...

So excited for you two Christy!!!! We cant wait to meet her!!!!

Kendra said...

Wow! I can't believe she'll be here in a week! I am so excited for you guys. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and reflections. I too, am grateful for eternal families, the plan of salvation and God's love for each of us. We are so blessed to have that knowledge.

taryn said...

I can't believe how close you are! I'm so thankful I will at least get to see your little angel through photos since we are no longer in the same ward. You were the best Relief Society President, and I am so grateful I got the chance to call you a friend. Best of Luck with all the upcoming changes, and I hope you know you can always call on me if you ever need anything! I seem to have A TON of spare time now, seriously!

Megs said...

Oh, Amen sister (or cousin...)! :) Congrats on being so close, and good luck with it all. Love you guys!

Jackson said...

Is the baby here yet?!

Andrea said...

Two more days and you're a mommy!! (not that you're not one now). Good luck!

Krista said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I am so happy for you. I saw on Facebook that your sweet little Mila is here! I can't wait to read her birth story and meet this precious spirit. Also, I hope your last Seminary lesson went smoothly and you were able to close this chapter and start your new one with peace, fulfillment, and complete joy. I love you!