Thursday, March 3, 2011

BYU Breaks My Heart

Okay, so time out from the sporadic updates on our life; I have to digress for a bit and let off a little steam.

BYU is once again breaking my heart. It's as though we are cursed in any sport (I'm really just going off of football and basketball here). It seems to me that when we find ourselves ranked nationally in the top 10 we end up ruining our momentum by losing to a non-ranked school. I don't know how many of you watched the basketball game against New Mexico last night but I was so disappointed. Not because we lost Davies (although that is very disappointing) but because our players just weren't making the shots. So frustrating! I guess we must have been getting prideful after such an awesome win against San Diego, and our loss is part of a humbling process we must undergo, but I was really looking forward to placing BYU further than one round this year in my March Madness bracket. Now I'm not so sure I want to make that kind of gamble.

Come on boys...lets pull it together!

2 comments:

salt lake city slickers said...

AMEN!

Jeff and Kari said...

Let's be honest. Davies' loss was huge! We don't have a big man now that can rebound and run the floor like Davies. BYU can't expect to live and die by the 3 come tournament time. Such a huge loss for the team. Gonna sting for a long time...