Monday, January 10, 2011

Another Big Announcement!

I would like to start this post by vowing that I will try to update our blog more often with the start of this new year. Today's post may just be the catalyst for such a resolution.

We'd like to take a timeout from reporting on our pregnancy by sharing some exciting news. Chase just received a call today from the Pentagon and was informed that he has been chosen for a JAG internship for this summer with the Air Force!! There were only 50 spots available across the nation and Chase secured one of them. We couldn't be more excited. For one thing, it's an internship...that means it's paid!! Paid internships are a bit hard to come by these days in law school. Secondly, it's with the JAG program, which is something Chase is very interested in pursuing after graduation, so we are hoping this will get his foot in the door. We both have felt strongly that the JAG program will play to Chase's strengths and get him in the court room where he excels way sooner than any law firm would. Then, after his 4 year commitment to the Air Force he will have more opportunities available to him. See, neither one of us sees ourselves becoming lifers in the military. It's just a great springboard for the future.
TJAG Corps Logo
So if you see Chase, tell him congratulations! He deserves it. Stay tuned for where we will be placed. It's looking like the top 3 placements for us are:

1. San Antonio, TX
2. Charleston, SC
3. Washington DC

I'd be fine with any three since I have friends or family in all three locations. But lets be honest, Texas makes more sense since it's right next to family, which would be a huge plus since I will be bringing our newborn along for the ride :) Yay for new adventures!!


8 comments:

wkiskizt said...

When I started reading, I said out loud "What the what!" Now Evan is running around the house shouting WHAT THE WHAT! Yes, he's awesome. Also, hooray for Chase! JAG is a great program and I'm glad you guys have something lined up for the summer (and afterwards)!

Jeff and Kari said...

Whoo-Hoo! Go Texas!

C and K said...

So exciting!!!! Congrats Chase!!!

whitney said...

this is really exciting! what an accomplishment.

Leanne said...

Yay!! That is so awesome! I wish I was still your visiting teacher so I could talk to you more about this. What a huge opportunity for you guys! We will be in DC this summer.....so my fingers are crossed that you will be in DC and we can hang out every day :)

Rachel said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! So exciting! And personally, I hope you guys go to Charleston. But that's just me being a little biased. Seriously, though, that's so stinkin' awesome!

Rachael said...

congratulations!! God comes through again and provides just when you need HIM!
Of course, it helps that Chase is rock awesome! He will do wonderfully.

Holly Petty said...

That is so great!! I am rooting for DC of course :)