Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Drum Roll Please

So...we know the gender of our growing baby. Drum roll please...............it's a GIRL! Yep, we're having a little baby girl. We went to an early 16 week ultrasound last Tuesday morning (Chase couldn't wait any longer) and had pretty much everyone's guesses confirmed. My mom had told me she felt like it was a girl from the beginning and even one of my former students who I am close with still had a dream that I had a girl. So pretty much it was in the cards.


We're excited to now be able to call her a "her" rather than an "it" and to be able to start picking out fabric and color schemes for the nursery. I think Chase is a bit worried as to how he will "play" with a little girl despite the fact that he grew up with all sisters (he claims he just got picked on, ha ha). And I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the accessorizing that comes with girls. But luckily I have crafty women all around me to help me in that arena. So there you have it. The latest and greatest in the Gunnell household.

7 comments:

Mark and Elaina said...

Ooh Yay!! A Girl!! How fun! I'm so excited for you!

Rachel said...

Yay for girls!! Haha our ward is starting to even out a little with the boy to girl ratio now :)

Janet said...

Congratulations! How exciting for you and Chase! I may be biased, but little girls are the best. :)

JenSwen said...

Hooray! I think every mother needs a daughter. I share Janet's bias, although now that I have two girls already, I guess I'm ready for a boy next time. :)

Jon and Bre said...

hooray! Girls are so fun! I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats! Tell chase that girls are just as fun to play with, they get a little touchy as they get older but still fun :)

sam and brittney said...

How exciting!! You guys will be such good parents! Christy, I need you to email me your address! Hope you are feeling better!

Megs said...

Ok, I am SO late to the news - congratulations on being prego and on having a girl!!!! YAY!! I totally empathize with the sickness, fatigue, more sickness, and eating all the time even though it doesn't sound good...anyway, hope you are feeling better now that you are out of the first trimester. And if not, don't worry, it will eventually end...;) Love you guys!