Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Long Overdue

So, as is the case with so many, I have become MIA in the blogging world due to a big change in the Gunnell household. Yep, you guessed it...I'm pregnant. I'm currently in my 12th week and find myself counting down the days until this first trimester is over in hopes that I will feel better and have more energy. Our current due date is May 25th--right smack in between Chase's birthday (May 15) and my birthday (June 1) and just before Chase starts his yet-to-be-determined internship.
Chase has been asking everyday when I would announce to the blogging world that I'm pregnant. I've been putting it off and putting it off due to my lack of energy, but today my kind faculty member took my 4th hour in order to give me a much needed break at work after a week of stressing to get my grades in. So here I am finally posting.
Despite my lack of enthusiasm please know that I am grateful to be pregnant, especially since it did require patience and waiting on our end. Right now I'm probably more grateful for my understanding, supportive faculty who have been lightening my load constantly; friends and family who have been excited for me (since sickness has drained me of excitement)--it still makes me laugh when I think about our friend who tackled us when he found out; siblings who keep checking up on me, concerned for my well-being; but most importantly Chase who has learned to cope with me these past two months. He has taken over cooking, cleaning, doing the wash, and any errands I may have. Plus, he has adapted to me not wanting to do anything at night (nights are the hardest for me I think) and me not wanting to eat anything at night which results in him thinking of anything and everything he could make or buy for me so that I will eat in order to not get even more sick. I don't know what I would do without him.
Anyway, here are some pictures and hopefully a video (I loaded it but don't know if it will play). First a series of pictures when we found out.
The announcement was made pretty early to my faculty and students that I was pregnant since I became sick. One of my former students was pretty stoked so she decorated my car. Slightly embarrassing when an old man approached me in the law school parking lot as I was waiting to pick up Chase and proceeded to ask me if "Prego" meant "Pregnant". Apparently he was not aware of the new age slang.
Our first ultrasound and visit to the doctor. This visit has resulted in us now calling our baby "Peanut". Stay tuned for more updates on Peanut and us (probably once I'm in the second trimester).





18 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats Chrity!! That is very exciting news!

wkiskizt said...

(I am so totally not a stalker.)

You're almost at the end of the miserable part! Soon you can look forward to feeling kicks and hiccups, finding out if you'll get a boy or a girl, buying clothes and decorating the nursery...the hormones level out a lot once you start the 2nd trimester, too. Jarom was so glad when I got to that point and I wasn't sobbing all the time anymore.

Really, though - pregnancy is hard! I'm not sure if it's harder emotionally or physically. For me, I was terrified that I wouldn't be a good mom, I regretted deciding to have a baby because I thought we didn't have enough money or because I was a terrible person who should never raise children, I was sick all the time and nothing ever sounded good to eat so I was hungry too, and the list goes on. But it got better. And parenting is a cinch (ok, that's maybe a lie). Babies are fun, though. You won't remember afterwards that you were QUITE so miserable. A lot of it probably is the hormones...but like I said, they ease up a lot! Soon! Hang in there!

Kendra said...

Yay! An official announcement. We are so so excited for you guys. I'm sorry the first trimester has been rough. I hope it gets better for you because pregnancy is awesome and amazing. :) I can't believe your student decorated your car. That is hilarious. So much for been discrete, eh? Anyway, we know you guys will make awesome parents and can't wait until your peanut comes into this world!

Brynn said...

Congrats! How exciting! Hope all goes well!

sam and brittney said...

Congrats, Christy!! Sooo exciting!! I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. It does get better and when you start showing it is so fun! You will be the best mom! Keep us updated!

Jamie said...

YAY! I was the worst at night too! It gets better! Plus it is so worth it! Congrats!

Leanne said...

Oh my gosh, I LOVE that you guys took a video at the ultrasound. I am so excited for you guys and so excited for you to get through the gross feeling stage. Before you know it you will have this cute little baby bump and feel a whole lot better!!

Kim said...

Your Aunt Kim had to find out on a BLOG???? And to think I WAS going to leave everything to your first-born. That ship has sailed.
Congrats :)

Holly said...

Yea! We are SUPER excited for you guys! (And crossing our fingers you get feeling better soon!) The 2nd trimester really is so much better...just around the corner for you hopefully!

Rachel and Danny said...

Yay, I found your blog! Congratulations!!!!!! How exciting! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Devry said...

Yahoo! welcome to the
Mommy Hood...you're going to love it!

Rudiger said...

Congratulations! Our very best to you, Peanut, and mostly your ever loving better half! We look forward to more updates!

Love, Rudy, Laurie

Natasha said...

Well there is no turning back now dun dun dun ... hehe j/k there is nothing better in the world and you guys are going to love it! We are so happy for you guys and look forward to getting together with you guys to catch up once we get back in December. Hopefully you will be feeling better and even showing by then! yay!!

Andrea said...

Yay!! I'm excited for you. I think 14 weeks was my magical number, hang in there!!

AlliSMiles said...

Congratulations!

Mark and Elaina said...

Yay!!! Congrats!

Adam and Brittany said...

Congrats! this is so exciting. I hope you feel better soon. Being pregnant is such a blessing--I kind of miss the belly.I can't wait to hear more about your growing baby. Being a mother is what you wait your whole life to be and it is wonderful.

Holly Petty said...

Yay!!!!!! All I can say is I understand the being sick/teaching thing....not easy! Hang in there! Also, have you tried Zofran? That saved my life, really I couldn't have gotten through the school year without it. I took it until I was 7 months so don't be sad if you are still sick after 14 weeks. You and Chase are going to be such adorable parents, I'm so excited for you and your little peanut.