Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Resolution Completed

So, I must backtrack quite a bit in these next few posts. Maybe I'll catch up to the present soon, but I'm not counting on it. These past few weeks have been quite busy with work, family matters, and life in general. Plus, I don't want blogging to turn into a distraction like Sis. Beck warned against at our Regional Broadcast on Sunday. Thus my updates will probably be spaced out and used as a means of keeping track of events for our "Yearbook" I make each year and as a release from the stress of life. Hopefully I will be able to update you on the past 2 months...here goes:

One of my 2010 New Year's Resolutions was to run a 10k. When I found out that my aunt Val had rounded up most of her family to run the Deseret News Pioneer Run on Saturday I quickly jumped at the chance to run with family. It's funny how once you pay for an event like this your motivation to train increases tremendously. Once it's paid for there's no going back. I am happy to say that the training paid off. Not only did I run the whole way but I finished quicker than I expected. My time was around 1:07 (I never was able to find my offical time). I was also happy with the fact that I wasn't sore afterwards and I was able to sprint the last leg. Here are some pre-race pictures of the fam and our victory breakfast afterwards.

2 comments:

Audrey Henderson said...

really??? that first pic of you just changed my life it was so awesome

Candice Warby said...

You rock. I'll do one someday too. :) Good job.