Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Priesthood

As a Latter-day Saint, I believe the power of God was restored to the earth in this dispensation on May 15, 1829 as John the Baptist conferred the priesthood upon the prophet Joseph Smith as well as Oliver Cowdery. As a result, I am blessed today to have Chase hold the power of the priesthood, a power that has blessed my life countless times.

Today I feel so grateful for a worthy priesthood holder in my home who is worthy to use his priesthood when needed. August 17, 2010 is a day that will not be forgotten in our home, and my knowledge of the power of God on the earth has been strengthend. May any priesthood holder that reads this (I know male readers of this blog are few) seek to live their lives worthy of the priesthood which you hold. And may any woman who reads this remember to turn to the priesthood for strength.

2 comments:

bklain said...

I agree.. there are many days when McKay was born that I would have gone crazy if not for a blessing from Brenan. Hope everything is okay!

gassins said...

I love you, and you're still in my prayers.