Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Ironic

Many of you know that Chase comes home today. Well of course Murphy's Law would step in and sabotage our reunion! Chase's flight was delayed from Ukraine and so he missed his connecting flight in JFK. He then waited in a 2 hour line to be placed on a new flight which will land in Utah 4 hours later than expected. He arrives after 11 pm so it's going to be a long night, especially since I'm running on little sleep due to the various projects I had to finish late last night for Chase's arrival.

I guess I should be grateful that he at least was placed on a flight that leaves tonight. I should have known when I was listening to Pres. Uchtdorf's talk entitled "Continue in Patience" last night at 11:30 pm that I would have my patience tried soon. How ironic.

4 comments:

taryn said...

I'm sorry Christy! I'm so glad that he will be home soon though. I love that talk by the way!

Megs said...

It does always seem to work out that way, doesn't it? Darn that murphy's law!

Congrats on making it through to the end, and welcome home Chase!:)

Rachael said...

welcome home chase! but what a reunion huh? all great things are worth waiting for.

Amber said...

Hey! I'm glad you got our invite and I'm glad that we can keep track of you guys too! I hope things are going well for you this summer and I'm glad Chase finally made it home to you. It always seems like the last day or even the last few hours you have to be away are the longest!