Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Welcome Owen Kyle Wright!

Luckily our friend Kendra Wright went into labor a week early so Chase was around to see the Wrights' little bundle of joy before he left. Kendra and Miles welcomed into this world little Owen Kyle Wright on Friday, April 30th at 4:39 pm. He weighed 8 lbs 1 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. I feel I should share these stats since they never update their blog :) We were lucky enough to stop by and see them in the hospital and I got to hold little Owen (Chase was encouraged to hold him by all of us, but he was too scared to hold such a fragile little guy). It's been so exciting to watch Owen grow from being a blastocyst, to a little fetus name Voltron, to now a little boy. Congrats you guys!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

So Cute! I am glad you posted a few pictures. Nate is the same about holding newborns. Don't even ask him if the mom is watching- it makes him too nervous.

Jeff and Kari said...

I realize I don't know this family, but do they realize that Owen Wright is the name of a rookie professional surfer on the ASP tour this year?

Kendra said...

I don't think I ever saw this before. I was googling our names to see what would come up, and your post did! :) Thanks for the cute post and pictures of our baby Owen. And to Jeff and Kari...yeah, we had no idea about the rookie surfer. But there you go! He's named after some pretty great people. ;)