Thursday, April 29, 2010

Lesson Learned

Months ago after dealing with a lack of energy day in and day out, the doctors figured out I have a condition called hypothyroidism (not a shocker since half my family also suffers from a malfunctioning thyroid gland). I was pretty relieved at the time to figure it all out because the treatment is as easy as taking a pill every morning. I joked at the time that hopefully I would have enough energy now to get everything done each day.

Well, for the past few months I can say I have had more energy. But sadly it may have been to my detriment. On Monday I awoke to a painful gnawing in my stomach. I had actually experienced this same pain about a month ago, but wrote it off as indigestion. The pain was not subsiding, but in fact getting worse, so on Tuesday I finally determined it was worth paying the copay to see my doctor and get some answers.

The verdict: ULCER.

So although my body has more energy from the little pill I take daily, apparently that doesn't mean my body can take on the loads I've been trying to carry. If only I could cut out work :) These past 2 days of sick leave have been quite helpful. And it's been nice to spend extra time with Chase since he leaves in less than a week. I must give a shout out to him because he has had to deal with a lot these past few days...a sick Christy isn't much fun.

So let this be a lesson to one and all: Even though you may have the energy for it, don't try to bite off more than you can chew! Your body will hate you for it :) Women especially, make sure you are taking time for yourself. I don't think we do that enough.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Christy I am so sorry!! I had no idea! When did you find this out? I just saw you on monday, did you know then and you didn't tell us!?!?!?!?!?! I hope you are feeling better and if you need any help unloading all of your stress, let me know what I can do to help!!!

gassins said...

Take it easy, girl! Hope it gets better pronto!