Friday, April 2, 2010

Deep Beauty

I don't know how many had a chance to watch the General Young Women's broadcast from last weekend, but I highly recommend it. Even though many who read this blog aren't in YW's and don't have daughters that age, I think you will find it time well spent to watch it online here. The messages were outstanding and applicable to all. I especially loved Sis. Dalton's talk that described "deep beauty". She stated "deep beauty" is "the kind of beauty that shines from the inside out...Spiritual attractiveness...It is the beauty that is earned through faith, repentance, and honoring covenants." I want all my nieces and future daughters to hear this talk when they're teens and know that when they are living the gospel, beauty will radiate from within. I saw "deep beauty" just this weekend in the face of my niece, Kamrie.
I see "deep beauty" as I look at any one of my nieces. This picture captures beautifully the "deep beauty" in Hannah and Rachel.
Honestly, I think "deep beauty" is found so easily in children because of the innocence that radiates from within. May we all strive to develop more fully our "deep beauty" rather than our outer beauty!! And may we all get excited for the amazing counsel we will continue to receive from our church leaders this weekend. Have a great Conference weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Georgie K. Buttons said...

That is something amazing.