Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

So I was catching up on my blog reader since I've been MIA for the past 2 weeks practically and I came across my friend Marcus' blog and thought this was a clever way to recap 2009. Enjoy!

1. What did you do in 2009 that you had never done before?
Hmmm...there's lots: We won our first lawsuit; a first for me was going on a cruise...and we ended up doing it twice; remodeling our home; donating plasma; and buying a car and Vespa

2. What would you like in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Depends on who you ask :)

3. My best memory of 2009.
Watching Chase graduate...that was a proud day.
As cheesy as it is, many of my best memories revolve around family--playing in Minnesota; chilling in Galveston; watching 2 new nephews be born--but I'd have to say one of the best family memories recently was made while we were cruising. It involved a competition called Princess Pop Star and my brother in law Nate singing "Rainbow Connection" in the voice of Kermit the Frog. Must get a video of this and post it!

4. What was your biggest achievement?
Competing in 2 triathlons

5. Did you or someone you know suffer any illness?
Well, swine flu has taken its toll on many. And I've watched a lot of pregnancy illnesses resulting this year with friends and family.

6. What was your best purchase?
Our Rogue and our yellow Vespa!

7. Where did all your money go?
Cruises, vehicles, LAW SCHOOL

8. What was your favorite song for 2009?
There are a lot...I like jammin out what can I say? :)

9. Who was your biggest influence of 2009?
Chase for sure and the Lord

10. What was your favorite new TV show?
Chase and I are still wasting the hours away watching Smallville :)

11. What was your favorite new book?
For Christmas we received Christmas Jars and I loved it! A quick read and very inspiring.

12. What was your favorite movie?
I think Chase would agree we both really like "The Blindside"

13. What has kept you sane?
Chase has helped a lot--I have my breakdown moments; my mom; and vacations for sure!

2009 was an eventful year. I'm excited for the start of 2010. I love fresh starts and I love making resolutions. We'll see how well I do at keeping them...especially my resolution to run a 10k (I hate running). Here's to a new year!

6 comments:

M and N said...

you are welcome! happy new years

Amy said...

I just discovered your blog. so cute! I have one too. I'm not great at updating it, but eh, once in a while: tubalovers.blogspot.com.

we got the Christmas Jars story this year too, and read it together. sweet story.

anyway, just saying hi!

Rachael said...

10ks are WAY easier than triathlons...way to go girl. I like your idea. Prepare to see it soon on my own blog!

sam and brittney said...

Love the list!

Dayna said...

I love that picture at the end! SO CUTE! I have the video of nate singing and I will DEFINITELY pass it along! :)

Fun list as well! I hope Your "wish" for 2010 comes true (wink wink!)

Emily Malinka said...

what a cute idea... it sounds like you guys had a fun year!