Monday, November 30, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Someone from our ward left us a "phantom ghost". As part of receiving this "phantom ghost", you must pass it on to 2 other people within 24 hours with some form of treat. We decided to really get into it by dressing all black, hopping on the scooter, and stealthily doorbell ditching our surprises! It was a lot of fun. By Halloween, I wonder how many in the ward received a "phantom ghost".
Please ignore my creepy face in this one.
And finally on Halloween for the third year in a row we passed out candy at the in law's. After a bit of that we made caramel apples with old friends from Idaho. We also got a surprise visit from the Klains. Mckay was so dang cute in his giraffe (not to be mistaken for a cow) costume. Love that little man!(I stole this picture off the Klain's blog...the picture I have of him and I together is still on my camera, and I looked a bit scary in it. Him alone is way cuter!)
So now I pose a question, what are festive things we should be doing to soak in Thanksgiving??
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Early this month, Chase and I took our first road trip in our Rogue down to St. George. We had to take the chance to celebrate Steve's birthday!! My girlfriend Audrey's husband turned 30 a few weeks ago and it has resulted in many a celebration. Our trip was quick but we found time to...
- Eat at the yummy Electric Cafe
- See Audrey's new business venture...Closet Revival! We're super excited for its opening. We may have to take another trip down for its grand opening.
- Hit up the local Car Show. We busted out our camera for this.
My beautiful H2!!
Chase's favorite car of the whole show...the pimped out golf cart!
- Eat at Texas Road House. Best rolls ever!
- Hit up some shopping.
- Audrey and I found time to watch "Love Happens" while the boys watched the BYU vs. UNLV game. Glad we went since the Cougars creamed UNLV.
A big thank you to the Hendos as usual for a great weekend! Thanks Steve for being old :)Then as I mentioned in an earlier post, I traveled for Fall Break to Minnesota. I don't know where to begin! Lindsay already beat me to the punch by posting highlights from the trip, but here were some of my highlights:
- Getting to know the personalities of Kamrie and Tyler better. I love these little guys! I sure do miss them too.
- Long talks with Lindsay at night. Much needed and much appreciated!
- Doing "childish" things that I haven't done in forever! Like playing cars or playing for over an hour with homemade playdough (It's been so long since I've played with it that I don't even know how to spell it).
Here's a picture of Ryan's creation! Him and I both wish we were out on a boat most days!
- Going to a pumpkin patch and trying the famous "Honey Crisp" apple.
- Baking, baking and more baking. I now know an awesome roll recipe and learned some more tricks to making bread. Thanks Lindsay for teaching me your skillz!
- Giving a fireside to the Rochester youth. With Lindsay and Ryan both serving with the youth, they were able to arrange a fireside. Pictured below are the youth that attended. I love rubbing shoulders with the youth whenever I get the chance!! Especially those outside of Utah--I feel like I relate more with them. (Below I'm kneeling in the middle of all the youth)
- Soaking in Lindsay's parenting skillz. She has her kids so well trained. They have their morning and evening routines down. Below is a picture of Tyler doing one of his chores...dusting (He has wood cleaner sprayed on his socks and he cleans with them!)
- Learning a new version of bowling. When it's cold outside from October to May you come up with some pretty creative indoor games.
- Witnessing a Gassin dance party!
- Being introduced and becoming addicted to Zuma. Try it out here!!! (Which by the way Lindsay and Ryan, I got to level 3-2 the other day!!!)
The escape to Minnesota was perfect! I love and miss you guys!