Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Time is Here!

So with Christmas fast approaching we decided to get our Christmas tree and decorate our home. We decided to continue the tradition we started last year of finding a "Charlie Brown" worthy tree (remember last year's)...I still need to invest in "A Charlie Brown Christmas". I keep eyeing the Peanuts holiday collection DVDs at Costco. Anyway, we found our lowly tree and brought it home.
We also have the tradition of picking out an ornament each year to symbolize that year.
2008-An ornament of the Salt Lake Temple where we were married
2009-A BYU ornament to symbolize Chase's graduation from BYU and his entrance into BYU's law school
This year we also added ornaments Chase stumbled upon at Michael's one day. He was so proud of himself! He found ornaments with our names on them. This is a rarity since Chase isn't a super common name and my name has so many spellings. As usual we busted out the fruit loops and thread to create color chains as we watched one of my favorite childhood Christmas movies, "Mickey's Christmas Carol".
Here's a glimpse of some other decorations that are bringing Christmas cheer to our home.

A cool product of a super Saturday my mom's ward had a month or two ago. Thanks Mom for the beautiful decoration!! (I think this picture turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Eat your heart out Jeff!)
I bought this cute little guy back in October when we went to St. George and I've been so anxious to put him up!
Back before Thanksgiving Chase surprised me one morning with a beautiful poinsettia. I was thrilled to make a table centerpiece using it!

7 comments:

M and N said...

looks good! we missed you guys at the sweater party though!

Cindy Lou who? said...

I am so excited for Christmas! I am also very excited I found your blog!! :)

Jeff and Kari said...

white balance is off...just saying ;)

taryn said...

I LOVE Mickey's Christmas Carol! I never knew anyone else ever even knew what it was.

Dayna said...

That is so much fun! I am glad you took pictures of your christmas decorations, they are great! I am sad we aren't going to be anywhere after christmas because I love the sales! that is where I stock up for next year! But I can't wait to be with the family, stuck on a ship for a week so we can finally get time together!

Rachael said...

We have no Christmas decorations up!!! How sad for us. I want to just spend the day in your house!

Candice Warby said...

Love the decorations! Christmas is so fun! Your Christmas tree is great. I enjoy the garland...we'll have to try that next year.