Early this month, Chase and I took our first road trip in our Rogue down to St. George. We had to take the chance to celebrate Steve's birthday!! My girlfriend Audrey's husband turned 30 a few weeks ago and it has resulted in many a celebration. Our trip was quick but we found time to...
- Eat at the yummy Electric Cafe
- See Audrey's new business venture...Closet Revival! We're super excited for its opening. We may have to take another trip down for its grand opening.
- Hit up the local Car Show. We busted out our camera for this.
My beautiful H2!!
Chase's favorite car of the whole show...the pimped out golf cart!
- Eat at Texas Road House. Best rolls ever!
- Hit up some shopping.
- Audrey and I found time to watch "Love Happens" while the boys watched the BYU vs. UNLV game. Glad we went since the Cougars creamed UNLV.
A big thank you to the Hendos as usual for a great weekend! Thanks Steve for being old :)Then as I mentioned in an earlier post, I traveled for Fall Break to Minnesota. I don't know where to begin! Lindsay already beat me to the punch by posting highlights from the trip, but here were some of my highlights:
- Getting to know the personalities of Kamrie and Tyler better. I love these little guys! I sure do miss them too.
- Long talks with Lindsay at night. Much needed and much appreciated!
- Doing "childish" things that I haven't done in forever! Like playing cars or playing for over an hour with homemade playdough (It's been so long since I've played with it that I don't even know how to spell it).
Here's a picture of Ryan's creation! Him and I both wish we were out on a boat most days!
- Going to a pumpkin patch and trying the famous "Honey Crisp" apple.
- Baking, baking and more baking. I now know an awesome roll recipe and learned some more tricks to making bread. Thanks Lindsay for teaching me your skillz!
- Giving a fireside to the Rochester youth. With Lindsay and Ryan both serving with the youth, they were able to arrange a fireside. Pictured below are the youth that attended. I love rubbing shoulders with the youth whenever I get the chance!! Especially those outside of Utah--I feel like I relate more with them. (Below I'm kneeling in the middle of all the youth)
- Soaking in Lindsay's parenting skillz. She has her kids so well trained. They have their morning and evening routines down. Below is a picture of Tyler doing one of his chores...dusting (He has wood cleaner sprayed on his socks and he cleans with them!)
- Learning a new version of bowling. When it's cold outside from October to May you come up with some pretty creative indoor games.
- Witnessing a Gassin dance party!
- Being introduced and becoming addicted to Zuma. Try it out here!!! (Which by the way Lindsay and Ryan, I got to level 3-2 the other day!!!)
The escape to Minnesota was perfect! I love and miss you guys!