Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This Thanksgiving Chase and I flew to Texas to spend it with my family. Sadly on our way to the airport I realized we forgot to grab our camera. So the only pictures I have are the ones my brother Jeff posted already on his blog, which I stole some from.

The trip on a whole was great. Almost all my siblings were there (we missed you Chip!) and all my nieces and nephews on my side were there. I love being an aunt! Some of the things I loved this trip were:
*Having light saber wars with Milo*Holding sweet baby Ollie*Being amazed at Sean and Trevor's love for animals*Listening to Myla say "I do it myself"*Spending enough time with Leah that she stopped being shy*Joking with Jonathan*Answering Hannah's many questions*Making Rachel smile (she has the sweetest smile) and taking her on a horse ride*Watching Jacob's innocence and kind heart (I hope Jeff's theory is wrong!)*
That was more for me to remember from this trip. I can't wait for our family reunion in Galveston this summer because the kiddos are growing up way to fast! Although being an aunt was pretty great, the highlight of this trip was watching the priesthood in action. I have never been more grateful for the priesthood than this Thanksgiving. During the break I witnessed my brother Brad bless his boy Ollie and my brother Jeff baptise and confirm my nephew Jacob. The Spirit was so strong at each of these ordinances. It was amazing to watch my brothers and their wives bear testimony at the baptism and to look into the eyes of my nieces and nephews as I bore my testimony in song. By the end I was in tears--you try to sing when you have little kids like Milo, Jacob and Myla just staring at you with big eyes. I know the priesthood is real and I have a stronger testimony of how important it is as families to come together for these sacred events because I feel that it strengthened our family. This Thanksgiving will never be forgotten.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

sounds like a fun trip! Can't wait to hear all about it in person!

Rachael said...

wow-- sounds like you had a lot to be grateful for this Thanksgiving. So glad it was a wonderful trip. Isn't it the best to see your siblings baptizing their children? yeah, families are forever!