Saturday, September 5, 2009

Triathlete? Maybe.

With my second triathlon under my belt, the question circling is, "Is Christy becoming a triathlete?" And my answer is, maybe. I competed with two of my faculty in the "Share a Smile" triathlon in Orem last weekend. This was a true sprint triathlon with a 400 meter swim first, then a 13 mile bike, followed by a 3.4 mile run. I was proud of myself for finishing it in an hour and a half exactly despite my inconsistency in training, but I was more proud that I had one of the fastest times in my age division (20-29 year olds) in the 400 meter swim. Chase came to cheer the three of us on that morning. He was a trooper for being there at 7 am. Here are some of the pictures from the event!
Here's a pretty good picture of one of my laps in the pool.
Here's my good friend/colleague Justin Su'a tackling the hill on 8th. Justin and I were hired the same year and have been at Mountain View for over 2 years now.
Here's my colleague TJ Moore finishing the race. He was hauling it!! He finished 2nd in his age group!! He's the one who motivated us to do this triathlon together.
I will for sure become a triathlete if it means I get a massage at the end of every race! It was glorious.

9 comments:

Megs said...

Whoa, you are so awesome. Way to go! That is not an easy feat, but it sounds like you love it, and that's what counts! :)

JenSwen said...

Christy, I'm so impressed! I've never done a triathlon but it looks so fun and you've inspired me!

Jeff and Kari said...

The pictures make me tired.

Audrey said...

oh my gosh seriously? can we still be friends because i would never do that, hope you'll still talk to lazy me

Kaela Cusack said...

where do you find out about these triathalons! i want to do one too-but I always hear about them after the fact :(

great job! you inspire me!

Rachael said...

Heck yeah you are a triathlete! way to go Christy! You may have found your sport. I want to be a triathlete too. Its those darn bikes that always get me. I need to own one first! I miss you guys by the way!

Dayna said...

WAY TO GO! I would have been there to cheer you on but I think we were out of town! (weren't we...? If not, shame on your for not telling us!!!!) BUT WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!

also, so great that chase is liking school! I feel like I haven't talked to you guys forever and so we need to catch up!

I think I will call you right now!!

bklain said...

you freakin rock. seriously way to go christy!

Emily Malinka said...

IMPRESSIVE! you go girl!