Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gunnells vs. the Ward

Last Friday Chase and I found ourselves at a Mexican Fiesta hosted by our ward. A search went out for couples to compete in a Nacho Eating Contest, and I gladly volunteered. Chase was reluctant so I agreed to be the one eating the nachos. The contest involved one blindfolded spouse feeding the other spouse nachos. Little did I know that the other contenders each chose to have their husbands downing the nachos. After some coaching from friends (Thank you Kendra and Miles) we knew our plan of attack. Chase smashed the nachos furiously and then made a gross ball of goo that he proceeded to stuff in my face. And the result? WE WON!!! Although I came out with a fat lip (I think Chase got a bit forceful) and a tummy ache, it was worth it to reign as champion in the ward despite the odds against me!!

Video soon to follow, hopefully. A sister in my ward was so kind as to document my victory. I'm just awaiting the email.

7 comments:

sam and brittney said...

Christy, I am impressed! Too funny! Sorry about the fat lip!

Natasha said...

Wow I didn't know Chase was blindfolded ... that makes it even more hilarious. I really need to see that video!

Jeff and Kari said...

EEEWWWW, Gross

BradyH said...

Okay, that is hilarious! I can't wait for the video. Wish we could have been there.

BradyH said...

p.s. this is taryn. didn't know i was signed in under brady's account!

Emily Malinka said...

HAHAHA! I love it, you bit your husbands hand and got a fat lip!

Dayna said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Way to go to eat the nacho's...I definitely would have made nate do it. Although, you know how much I love nachos!