Tuesday, August 11, 2009

So Long Sweet Summer

500 points to whoever can tell me who sings the lyrics from my title!
As Labor Day approaches it is clear that summer has come to a close. This summer has been jam packed with vacations to Texas, Idaho, Mexico, and Vegas; remodeling (pictures soon to follow); weddings; a lawsuit settlement; and good times with friends. But alas, the carefree days of summer have come to a close. School is well underway and Chase and I find ourselves embracing a new chapter in our lives: Life in Law School. Here's a picture of Chase on his first day of school. I bought him some "neccessities" to ace his first day. In the past two weeks he's already been called out in class twice. In fact, one of his professors asked him questions for 45 minutes of his 50 minute class. He walked away feeling good about his efforts. In all honesty, Chase is feeling on top of things right now. He goes to school around 7 am every morning after working out and comes home between 4 and 5 pm every evening. In his 10 hour days he is able to attend his classes and complete his tons and tons of textbook reading. It's a lot of work, but he's so diligent in putting in the time so that we can enjoy our evenings together.

As for me, school is busier than ever now that I am a coadvisor to seminary council. Here some of us are on Y mountain.


We hiked to the top to gain perspective for the year. As I look out on this year I am getting more and more anxious to teach the Book of Mormon (we're covering the Plan of Salvation right now, so I haven't started teaching from its pages yet). What a great way to stay busy while Chase is toiling away at law school :)

6 comments:

Audrey said...

like this post for a few reasons, you know how i feel about summer in my current residence and thus any post regarding the end of this torture i like, also i'm in a photo which i like, also i just like you and chase the lawyer. come down and play!

Natasha said...

Dashboard Confessionals...I used to have a huge crush on Chris Carrabba, okay maybe I still do a little.

Emily said...

I'm glad that Chase got some fiber one bars. It's very important to stay regular. I really can't believe it's September already, and I feel like an old person when I say that.

Emily Malinka said...

mmmm, those fiber one bars are the best!

Jeff and Kari said...

Look at Chase rockin the Fiber Bars. They'll help with the bad poops you know. Just ask my kids.

M and N said...

I am so behind on blogging. geesh! so it's dashboard confessional, of course, I love them and have been to 4 of their concerts.

Props to you on the tri's, I need to start running/biking agin, thanks for the motivation