Thursday, July 16, 2009

It all makes sense...

So, for months now I have been boggled by the fact that I always seem to have far less annual leave days than my coworkers. At times I felt guilty in thinking that I must take more vacation days than anyone else because I couldn't seem to accrue very many. But today as I was reading our policy manual (I make it a point to reread it every summer during my long 8 hour days alone in my office), I realized that I was accruing time off at the rate of a non-exempt employee rather than an exempt employee. In other words, for the past 2 years I have been short changed 3.07 hours of annual leave a pay period, which equals about 20 days. Not to mention that since I've been hired I have taken about 8 days without pay when I didn't need to!! You better believe I immediately contacted my HR representative and informed him of the problem. As I type he is determining how much money they need to reimburse me and how many vacation days I really have. It really pays to read your policy manual!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

YEA! I hope that means you will now have paid vacation time to party with me!

Rachael said...

I so thought you said "police manual" and I thought "that is going a little extreme isn't it. I mean, they shouldn't go to jail for that, should they?"
Way to be assertive! I am now on "sick" time off from work and getting paid for it. yeah for having real jobs that do that for you!

Dayna said...

That is GREAT! Perfect for your cruise!!!!!!! Tell me all about it when you get back!

Kaela Cusack said...

CASH MONEY!!! Maybe I should read our HR manual :)