Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Tejas Goodness

So at the moment Chase and I find ourselves in the warm, but ever pleasant, Tejas (i.e. Texas).  After celebrating my 25th, we jumped on a plane and came out to visit family and party with friends as we witness the marriage of Miss Kristin Hruska.  So far we have been in Dallas chilling with my parentals and seeing my brother Jeff and his family.  Highlights thus far:

***My brother Jeff owns a family practice in the thriving city of Sulphur Springs.  Right now he is testing out lazers because he wants to expand his practice by offering lazer treatments.  I happened to come by his office when a lazer was being tested so I got some things zapped!  I'll be honest, it hurt.  But beauty is pain I guess.  Plus, you can't beat free!!!

***Because Sulphur Springs is really a small community, everyone comes to watch the youth baseball games.  Chase and I got to watch both my niece Hannah and my nephew Jacob play for their city league teams.  Hannah scored the last run of the season, and Jacob's team won the city league championship; it seemed as though the whole town was there to witness it!
***I got to soak up some rays and watch Chase be such a good uncle to the kiddos at the pool. 
***As a family we traveled down to the Arboretum in Dallas (my favorite place growing up) and took in the beauty of nature.  It was cool because Jeff and Kari had their ring ceremony there almost 10 years ago (next month) so we got to relive that with them.  Pictures to come in a future post.

***We stopped by to see Emily and Peter Malinka and their little girl Elsie--such a cutie!  Good times catching up with old friends.
Stay tuned for more happenings in Texas!

3 comments:

M and N said...

tell kristin congrats for me!

Dayna said...

looks like a lot of fun! I am glad I have internet now to enjoy your pictures!

Andrea said...

Sounds like you're having a great summer. I bet it's so great to see family. Have fun!