Friday, June 26, 2009

One Year Down!

Disclaimer: I am so far behind on my blogging...it's been a hectic June. So many posts are to come, but I had to post this one first!
Yesterday Chase and I celebrated our first full year together as "The Gunnells". It seems like this year flew by. This year...
We played in Cancun*We visited the ruins of Chichen Itza*I kind of swam with dolphins :)*We decorated and moved into our very own condo*I flew to Toronto for the first time to speak at a Youth Conference*I learned how to drain a water heater*We replaced our water heater*Chase changed his very first flat tire*I adjusted to being called "Sis Gunnell" at work instead of "Sis Smith" (but I still answer to "Sis Smith)*We got addicted to the TV series Smallville*Chase took the LSAT*We visited a pumpkin patch*We played with friends in St. George*I made the Gunnell's yummy raspberry freezer jam for the first time*We sported 70's attire for our ever favorite game "How to Host a Murder"*We rode horses*We retreated to Heber for Thanksgiving*We bought our first Christmas tree and decorated it Charlie Brown style*We hosted a gingerbread house making party and won!*We celebrated Christmas together in Texas*Chase visited San Antonio for the first time*We welcomed our newest nephew Gabe to this world*We had a perfect Valentine's Day*We listened to the awesome vocals of the King's Singers*We witnessed a real life polygamist escape tunnel*We both tapped into our creativeness at Color Me Mine*We sported 80's attire at Classic Skate*We attended a Jr. Prom*Chase got accepted to law school*I fell multiple times outside during our wicked snowy winter*Chase graduated from BYU!!!*I finished my first triathlon*My court case closed finally*We attended the sealings of Cameron Smith, Rachel Price, and Kristin Hruska to their spouses*Chase learned how to bogey board and I learned how to surf in Galveston, TX*
What an amazing year!

5 comments:

Mark and Elaina said...

YAY!!! How exciting!! Happy one year! It will keep going by just as fast! Have fun!

Dayna said...

great post and what a great year! SO MANY THINGS you have done! I can't wait to see what the next few years bring in your lives!

Audrey said...

yeah i totally loved that day a year ago. i heart the gunnells, and i'm glad to say i shared in some of those wicked awesome things you listed.

Candice Warby said...

Congratulations! Love the pictures, and the cake! You two are so adorable and seem to have so much fun all the time. Here's to a fun and happy and wonderful eternity.

Megs said...

Congrats!!!!