Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cinco de Mayo

Although the country of Mexico has brought us swine flu recently, I can't help but be grateful for the Mexican culture this time of year.  Without Mexico there would be no reason to celebrate on May 5th.  Cinco de Mayo has proven to be, over the years, quite a joyous holiday for me.  Some fiestas of years past involved...
A pinata named Rosarita and Gavin's jeep...
Last year involved celebrating Em's birthday with yet another pinata (this time with full sized candy bars inside) and me sporting for the first time a Mexican shirt my parents bought me on their cruise that year, which I wore this year and will wear every Cinco de Mayo...

This year the Simonsens went all out in throwing an awesome party.  There was plenty of chips and salsa (the cinnamon chips and fruit dip were by far my favorite!!), margaritas (virgin of course), and flan shots.
Activities included "Nacho Libre" trivia, with Mark authentically dressed!
Thanks Mark and Natasha for an excellent night of fun!

3 comments:

Greg and Alyssa said...

Hi, Christy! It's Alyssa Dayley! I was browsing through other people's blog links and came across yours! Just wanted to say hi! We are safe and settled in Philly for the summer, hope to see ya when we get back!

M and N said...

wow, i cant believe i made it ony our blog! ha ha, that cinco de mayo was a memorable one!
and I posted that same pic

Andrea said...

Fun party! You guys are always up to something exciting. I love more reasons to celebrate life.