Saturday, April 18, 2009

Victory is Mine!!

So I am hear to report I survived my triathlon!  I continuously ran, biked, and swam the whole way.  It took somewhere around an hour and a half; I'd tell you exactly but they haven't posted my official time yet.  You may wonder, how do you feel?  Well my emotions can be summed up with these few thoughts:

Accomplished- It's quite an accomplishing feeling to train for weeks for something and achieve your goal.
Exhausted- The combination of pushing my body to the limit and being sick with a cold is taking a told on my energy level as the day has progressed. 
Grateful- With so much love and support from friends and family, how could I not be grateful?  From a late night delivery of cookies to yells and cheers as my legs were giving out on the beastly bike hill, I felt the love.  A special thanks to Jackie Skinner who let me borrow her road bike!  It made a huge difference.  A big thanks to Robin, Steve, Dayna, Nate, and baby Gabe who cheered me on the whole way and took tons of pictures!  Without Steve and Robin's encouragement on that bike hill I don't know if I would have pushed myself.  Also thank you to Rachael Rose for driving out to see me finish!  Also thank you to all those who texted, called or prayed for me the past 24 hours.  Last but not least, thank you to Chase for his continuous support these past few weeks!  Love ya!
So here are some of the pictures my in laws took :)  Enjoy!
My run/bike transition--Robin did a great job getting "Strength and Honor" in the background!
The picture is a bit deceiving, but this is the end of my two beastly hills.
This shot shows my sweet body marking on my calf.  I was #99!
The finish line!  I'm done!!

4 comments:

Megs said...

YAY! BIG HEARTY CONGRATS!! :)

Emily said...

I can't believe you did it! You've grown up a lot since our 5k days.

gassins said...

Awesome pics christy! I wish I was there....I might have even done it with you! Looks fun! Next time...
Lindsay-

Dayna said...

So, this is the first time I have a chance to check the blog, so I wanted to say that I am proud of you for doing that! It was amazing to watch you take off and finish....you are wonder woman! (and, those flowers you created looked amazing!)