Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bring Back the 80's

So I promised I'd report on the 80's party my ward had during Valentine's week so for those of you who have been waiting for the sweet pics from that night, here they are. Our ward's Valentine's party was held at Classic Skate in Orem and we were encouraged to dress in 80's attire. Luckily Chase's mom's closet was able to supply us with clothes that she wore from the 80's!! It was sweet. I sported a liatard and leggings with puffy bangs and the side pony while Chase proudly wore short shorts and a headband. We went for the 80's workout look and I think we pulled it off pretty well. In fact, Chase's outfit was reminiscent of watching/participating in "Sweating to the Oldies" with my mom growing up.
As for pulling off grace on the rink...not so much. Neither Chase or I are very good at rollerskating. Hand me rollerblades and I'm fine, but not skates. All in all it was a pretty fun night. I mean come on, what could beat skating to "Total Eclipse of the Heart"?!

Seen above are the winners of the costume contest...I must say the Shavers were total 80's!

1 comment:

Megs said...

Sounds like fun! Christy, I just have to say, everytime I see a picture of you, I think of that actress on "It Could Happen to You" (is that the right title? The movie with Nicholas Cage about "the cop and the waitress"...?). Very cute. Random, I know. But I had to tell you. :)