Wednesday, December 24, 2008
We would like to thank those of you who helped in casting your vote as to who has the better moves in our relationship. The majority rules Chase the master of his move. Let it be known, there are no hard feelings. He's had many more years to perfect this move than me seeing as though he created it. I have my own moves...some of which I apparently showed off at the Gunnell family Christmas party. Post to follow concerning said "moves". Stay tuned :)
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
With the election this year, Chase and I found that many people got pretty excited and passionate about casting their vote. Well Chase and I have decided to keep that passion alive in others by presenting the opportunity to cast your vote here on our blog.
So here's some background: Chase feels that he has a trademark dance move. He many times will show off his moves when rubbing in a victory. That is what you are about to witness. However, I feel I can do his move better than he can. We'll let our public decide. So who has the moves???
Please vote on our comments as to who has the better moves. Thanks for voting!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I tried to postpone writing the usual "Things I'm Thankful For" post, but after teaching a lesson on "Gratitude" centered on the story of the Ten Lepers I felt humbled. To avoid being a part of the "Nine Society" I would like to post some of the things I am grateful for this year:
1. I am grateful for yummy Thanksgiving feasts. I have to send a shout out to my sister in law Dayna and my in laws Steve and Robin for all their hard work in producing most of our feast.
2. I am grateful that Chase & I both have jobs!
3. I am so thankful for the mild winter we have had thus far this year :) *knock on wood*
4. I am grateful for the amazing friends I have made just this year and in years past. I am truly a blessed individual! I'm especially grateful that I got to see both Tiff and Amanda (and their hubbies) this break while they were in Utah visiting.
5. I am thankful for my new family the Gunnells and the enjoyable break we had together at the Checkett's cabin. Here's a picture of Karlee and I on our drive up to the cabin. Everyone should ride a bear at least once in their life! I'm grateful for a fun loving little sister!!
6. I am grateful for my Smith family and for technology that allowed for me to talk to each of them on Thanksgiving. Chase and I are both super excited to fly to Texas for Christmas to play!
7. I'm grateful for the little bundles of joy I have to look forward to in my family, both Dayna and Nate's little one on the way, and Brad and Karrie's!
8. I am grateful for yummy chocolate and sweets that hit the spot at the end of a long day!
9. I am grateful for Christmas music that I now play non stop! Personal favorites include Josh Groban's "Noel" and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new CD with The King's Singers.
10. Most recently I am thankful for the newest member of the Gunnell clan, Adee. Who is Adee you might ask? Well Adee is a 10 week old German and Australian shepherd mix. She is the cutest puppy ever! To learn more about how she came to be check out her debut post on the Checketts' blog. One of my favorite things that we learned about Adee early on is that she loves to chase ice. She makes me more and more anxious for the time when Chase and I will get a puppy.
Last but certainly not least I am grateful for the love of my life--Chase! I am grateful that we tied the knot this year. Already in our five months together we have experienced a whirlwind of laughs, cries, and unforgettable memories. This year we had a chance to escape to Cancun and to start checking things off of our Bucket Lists. We bought a home and we conquered the LSAT. I can't wait to see what things I will be grateful for next year, and I'm so happy that Chase will be by my side the whole way! Love you babe!