Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving Came and Went

I tried to postpone writing the usual "Things I'm Thankful For" post, but after teaching a lesson on "Gratitude" centered on the story of the Ten Lepers I felt humbled.  To avoid being a part of the "Nine Society" I would like to post some of the things I am grateful for this year:

1.  I am grateful for yummy Thanksgiving feasts.  I have to send a shout out to my sister in law Dayna and my in laws Steve and Robin for all their hard work in producing most of our feast.
2. I am grateful that Chase & I both have jobs!

3. I am so thankful for the mild winter we have had thus far this year :)  *knock on wood*

4. I am grateful for the amazing friends I have made just this year and in years past.  I am truly a blessed individual!  I'm especially grateful that I got to see both Tiff and Amanda (and their hubbies) this break while they were in Utah visiting.

5. I am thankful for my new family the Gunnells and the enjoyable break we had together at the Checkett's cabin.  Here's a picture of Karlee and I on our drive up to the cabin.  Everyone should ride a bear at least once in their life!  I'm grateful for a fun loving little sister!!
6. I am grateful for my Smith family and for technology that allowed for me to talk to each of them on Thanksgiving.  Chase and I are both super excited to fly to Texas for Christmas to play!

7. I'm grateful for the little bundles of joy I have to look forward to in my family, both Dayna and Nate's little one on the way, and Brad and Karrie's!

8. I am grateful for yummy chocolate and sweets that hit the spot at the end of a long day!

9. I am grateful for Christmas music that I now play non stop!  Personal favorites include Josh Groban's "Noel" and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's new CD with The King's Singers.

10. Most recently I am thankful for the newest member of the Gunnell clan, Adee.  Who is Adee you might ask?  Well Adee is a 10 week old German and Australian shepherd mix.  She is the cutest puppy ever!  To learn more about how she came to be check out her debut post on the Checketts' blog.  One of my favorite things that we learned about Adee early on is that she loves to chase ice.  She makes me more and more anxious for the time when Chase and I will get a puppy.

video

Last but certainly not least I am grateful for the love of my life--Chase!  I am grateful that we tied the knot this year.  Already in our five months together we have experienced a whirlwind of laughs, cries, and unforgettable memories.  This year we had a chance to escape to Cancun and to start checking things off of our Bucket Lists.  We bought a home and we conquered the LSAT.  I can't wait to see what things I will be grateful for next year, and I'm so happy that Chase will be by my side the whole way!  Love you babe!

3 comments:

Jeff and Kari said...

Really Christy, I can't take this much sticky sweetness. I am on somewhat of a diet. Could you tone it down a little :)

Nate said...

We are grateful for you too sis. It was a great thanksgiving and one I shan't forget any time soon! (Note: SHAN'T-a legitimate contraction made up of shall and not---contraction not to be mixed up with the more pressing definition of the word related to pregnancy)

Dayna said...

We are grateful for you as well! those are fun pictures! :) It was fun to spend a few days up at the cabin with you guys!

Also, thanks to you and chase I think that is how we got our cute adee! Now she is a fun part of our lives!