Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Beauty of October...Part II

I apologize to those readers that have been waiting for the continuation of my prior post. Life is crazy and I can't get to a computer that allows me to get on blogspot so hence the delay. I know it's November now, but oh well!

So another beauty of October is PUMPKINS!!
I have always wanted to go to a pumpkin patch...sadly Chase and I didn't get on the ball soon enough to find a sweet pumpkin patch like the one my brother took his kids to, but we did find this place near my school.
I saw the largest pumpkin ever! It was quite large. And Chase was able to pick out his prize winning pumpkin.

We drove it home and he carved the mathmatical symbol "pie"...get it? Pumpkin Pie! He was so proud of himself. At the Fisher Family Annual Pumpkin Carving Contest he won "Funniest Pumpkin". Way to go babe. I got sick so my BYU pumpkin wasn't able to enter the competition.
Not only can you carve pumpkins, but you can eat them too! Something that I was introduced to last Halloween is Mom Gunnell's amazing pumpkin stew (I think it's a stew). It's yummy beef and sausage cooked in the pumpkin--my mouth waters just thinking of it. We devoured it!!

No comments: