Saturday, October 18, 2008

We've Found A Match

So about once a month Chase faces me asking him if I can get a dog.  Mostly I kid, but deep down I really want one.  Sometimes I can get him to talk hypothetically and we muse over what kind we would get.  When we were dating this usually ended without a compromise in sight.  See, I grew up with miniature schnauzers, a smaller breed of dog, inside our home but Chase's idea of having a pet dog is having a large, outdoor dog.  

Here's me with my parent's current schnauzer, Bentley

We've done the rounds arguing the pros and cons, but we've finally learned how to a compromise!!!  After the time we've spent with my good friends the Hendersons, we have come to love bullmastiffs.  Audrey's dog, Cleo, is so loving and easy going--not too intrusive to have indoors, but is big to meet Chase's criteria.  We won't be getting a bullmastiff anytime soon, but at least I have something to look forward to!  Actually I have many things to look forward with a bullmastiff, like... 

1. Bullmastiffs like to climb on rocks and be outdoors!
2. Bullmastiffs also like to eat rocks! 

video
3. Bullmastiffs can sing!
4. Bullmastiffs are easygoing and lovey!
(I stole this picture from Audrey's blog...thanks Audrey!!  This was one of Cleo's puppies)
So one day I will have a bullmastiff of my very one.  Now it's just a matter of when...

2 comments:

Russell and Trish said...

You guys are so funny! I love all the talk of dogs except the one you want would eat my poor little dog :( You still have to come meet our little Saydee!

Megs said...

Ok, I have to admit that at first I guffawed at the compromise - a bullmastiff?!? But you had me totally convinced by the end of the post. :) Especially that puppy picture...