Saturday, October 4, 2008

Evidence of My Rising Domesticity

Despite my mother's worries before I married, I do have the workings of being a great mother/homemaker.  I don't know if women my age aspire to be homemakers anymore, what with the whole women's movement and such, but I do enjoy various domestic activities.  So mother, here's proof that you did inspire me throughout the years!
One Saturday, Mom Gunnell invited Dayna and me over to make fresh raspberry jam.  We made lots and lot!

Chase displaying a homemade peach pie I made him...one of his favorite pies!  We had fresh peaches straight from Washington thanks to my coworker Rick so I had to find ways to use them up!  Yum!!

5 comments:

Nate said...

Domesticity...

Russell and Trish said...

Ha..you guys are too cute. Christy.. you look like you have a lot of domesticity? We need to hang out more guys..seriously!

Megs said...

YUM YUM YUM. I love homemade raspberry jam!

Mark and Elaina Andreasen said...

Hello, my domestic friend! How are you? I haven't talked to you in FOREVER! How is married life treating you? How is seminary? Call me! Your blog is cute cute! I love it!

The Shields said...

Chrsity- I knew you had it in you!